Quarter Back Queen Ep 9


Jake had always had an interest in Sadie but felt she might be out of his league. Red stood up and raised his glass of beer. “Ladies and gentlemen. I would like to propose a toast to Rocky Malone,” he addressed the table. Everybody at the table raised their glasses in the air. Ernie and Mitch watched the toast from their booth. “To Rocky. Without him, we don't stand a chance in hell to win the State Championship game and I hope that scout from the Pittsburgh Steelers signs our man to a million dollar contract,” Red addressed the patrons in the bar. “Hip hip hooray!” everybody at the table yelled out in unison. Ernie stared at Rocky then he got an evil smile on his face. He suddenly got an evil idea! He leaned across the booth table at Mitch. “I got it!” he said at Mitch. Mitch moved farther back in his seat. “I hope it ain't contagious,” he said a little fearful and covered his mouth for protection. “No you dope. I know how I can pay Sal back,” Ernie said. “How?” Mitch replied curiously while he uncovered his mouth. “We make sure king jock here can't play worth a crap during that Championship game,” Ernie said proud of his idea. They glanced over at Rocky who loved the attention he was receiving. “I not sure I'm following,” Mitch said a little confused. “Listen closely you dummy. They can't win without Rocky. So, we make sure his playing ability 21 sucks during that game. Since there's going to be some major betting action on that game, we place bets on the other team, then clean up big time. I can pay off Sal and have tons of money left over to party,” Ernie said. Mitch thought about Ernie‟s plan then it finally sunk in and he smiled and loved the idea. “Fix the game a little. I like it. But how do we make sure his playing ability sucks?” “I'm thinking we could drug him or something,” Ernie blurted out when the first idea that popped into his mushy brain. “With what and how do we do it?” Mitch asked. Ernie thought for a few seconds then looked unsure. “I haven't gotten that far yet. But I'll figure something out soon,” he said. The front door of the bar opened and Mindy walked into the bar with Stephanie and Lynda. They stopped at the door while Mindy scanned the bar over. He saw Rocky at the long table and walked over to him. She gave Rocky a hug and kiss on his cheek. She pulled up and chair and sat down next to him. She reached across the table, grabbed his glass of beer and took a drink. She leaned over to his ear. “I was thinking of giving you a victory gift in your room tonight,” she whispered in his ear. Rocky discreetly glanced at Bianca at the bar. “Can I take a rain check? I'm beat from that game and I need to get a good nights sleep,” he replied while nasty thoughts of being with Bianca filled his head. “I understand,” Mindy said a little disappointed. She took another drink out of Rocky's glass of beer. “I love you,” she said while she placed his glass on the table, and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek.

Comments